Become A Fundraiser
YOU AND YOUR COMMUNITY CAN RAISE FUNDS TO SUPPORT US BY HOLDING AN EVENT, GETTING SPONSORSHIP FOR AN ACTIVITY OR AN ACHIEVEMENT, OR HOLDING A CELEBRATION IN OUR NAME.
• Do your own outreach to any organization to which you belong. You can fund-raise on your own, with your family, friends or with a group • Help your child organize an event at school that will benefit Nakusi Generous Society
• Put on a fundraiser at your college.
Fundraising Planning Suggestions
1. Determine your event and identify your audience
• Think about which people you want to reach or involve. • Choose an activity that reflects that group’s interests.
• Make sure that you are in compliance with state/city regulations. • Determine a site, date, number of desired attendees, and what you hope to achieve.
2. Contact Nakusi Generous Society
Tell us what you would like to do. We will be able to help you coordinate your event or connect you with other supporters, if you want to expand the scope of your function.
3. Plan Revenue and Expenses
Establish a realistic fundraising goal. Identify all anticipated expenses and possible sources of contributions that can help you reduce expenses.
4. Publicize and Promote Your Event
• Network with friends, family and colleagues to gain their support and participation. • Contact your local newspaper and radio station.
• Write an attention-grabbing press release. • Use social networking sites to send out information on the event.
• Encourage people to donate to the fundraiser if they can’t attend the event. • Plan to use Nakusi Generous Society secure PayPal account or set up your own.
5. After Your Fundraiser
• Hold a meeting of the event production crew to determine what to do next time. • Submit all contributions to Nakusi Generous Society.
• Work with Nakusi Generous Society to make sure everyone gets a thank you note.
• Events that conflict in any way without mission or other program priorities are not acceptable. • Fundraisers need to secure their own necessary insurance and permits.
• Fundraisers must obtain necessary permissions and authorization to host the fundraiser in your chosen location. • Charitable fundraising is a regulated activity in many states. You are responsible for ensuring that you are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Be sure to state accurately, that the event is benefiting Nakusi Generous Society, and what percentage of sales or admission price will go to Nakusi Generous Society. • Get prior written approval to use Nakusi Generous Society ‘s name and logo in any publicity or promotional materials.
• Organize a plan for collecting contributions at the event. Nakusi Generous Society is able to accept checks, money orders or credit card contributions. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Nakusi Generous Society. • As a registered charitable organization, Nakusi Generous Society must follow tax regulations regarding the issue and control of official income tax receipts
No idea is too small; throw an auction, have a house party, collect bottle caps. Raise money or awareness or both.